Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller Realty is the Successor Company to Idaho Realty Center, a firm that opened its doors for business in Post Falls in July of 1973. With originally only the Broker, two agents and a staff of one, our first location was on Spokane Street in a tiny home.
As our company and reputation grew, a wonderful opportunity to join together with Coldwell Banker as a franchise affiliate became available. That was November of 1983. With plans in hand to build a new office in Coeur d’Alene at 1924 Northwest Boulevard location and lots of encouragement from Coldwell Banker, the choice was made.
By 1995 Coldwell Banker was well established as North Idaho’s largest and busiest brokerage. Hard work and a great market in the 90’s propelled our growth as the undisputed market leader. The spring of 1998 marked the beginning of a series of very important strategic acquisitions. The first was the merger of the small but established Select Properties, Inc. Specializing in Hayden Lake and Country Club properties. Six months later in January of 1999 a second brokerage competitor joined Coldwell Banker. Beebe, McKernan and McCarty’s staff of 8 experienced agents helped us to measurably enhance the commercial efforts of our firm. This purchase also included a successful and seasoned property management and leasing department. For the first time we truly became a full service commercial brokerage. Originally located in the Coeur d’Alene Mines Building and later at the Spokesman Review Building, the Beebe, McKernan & McCarty staff joined our other commercial associates in the new 2000 Northwest Boulevard building. The new facility was identified as our Coldwell Banker Commercial office.
2005 was a wild year in North Idaho real estate. The Company’s sales numbers soared with gross activity exceeding one billion in closed sales. With that amazing market success we enjoyed growth in agent base as well as the beginning of a new commercial and Previews office at the corner of Hanley Avenue and US 95.
Our 2006 and 2007 business years were well beyond everyone’s expectations. Business soared, our agent base expanded and our office locations were filled with 250 agents plus a staff in excess of 22. Business was simply too good to be true and an impending adjustment in the market began to take place. By late 2007 fundamental market changes were well upon us. Recognizing that it was also time to begin the process of re-engineering our company we began to make the tough decisions that keep companies strong. Both the Hanley office and the Post Falls offices were closed. All of the sales associates were moved back to 1924 Northwest Boulevard with the commercial company reoccupying their original second floor space at the 2000 Building.
In January of 2009 a fundamental decision to right size the entire company with full time agents was initiated. In 2010 we launched a completely new suite of software business services for our sales associates. As always Coldwell Banker continues to lead the North Idaho market in management services, technology and a well considered real estate vision of the future. The confirmation of that recognition of excellences was evidenced as Coldwell Banker Schneidmiller Realty was selected by readers of the Coeur d’Alene Press as North Idaho’s most respected real estate company for the two consecutive years.
Spring of 2013 marked the opening of our Previews® Office located downtown Coeur d’Alene across from the Coeur d’Alene Resort. The Previews® program has a track record of being selected to represent some of the world’s most exquisite properties, and we are proud to be a part of that team.
The most exciting part of our history is yet to come. There is remarkable opportunity and much left to do. A vigilant effort to continually keep the interests of our clients and customers clearly at the forefront of our business ethic will help us to grow with North Idaho.